I like goals. I like lists. I especially like crossing things OFF of a list of goals. Thus far in 2013, I have marked off several that were important to me…both professionally and personally. With the upcoming start of the school year (I go back next Tuesday.) I wanted to get a second set of goals written where I can have some PLN accountability. Again, this will be a mesh of professional and personal, but it’s interesting how intertangled they all are.
- Figure out how to use Evernote. I downloaded this in an attempt to get started. Just need to actually READ it now. I’m hoping I can take pictures of articles & recipes that I read that I want to save and be able to file them in a manner that makes them both accessible and easier to keep track of. Also think there is potential for PDAS application with teachers…
- Maintain a schedule. This includes an earlier wake up time in order to have some quiet time, perhaps even a jog. This includes taking my lunch, daily. (gulp.) This includes carving out time to blog, read blogs, connect with my PLN peeps and my real friends. I am a social girl and keeping ties to those who are important to me is crucial. Whether they be in a different school, district, state ,or even country, I need them.
- Ensure EdCampDallas success! Spreading the word to help extend the echo chamber of the twitterverse. Whether it be a new staff, a new grade level, or a new teacher…I want to share and help promote the unconference mindset and help empower teachers. In Adam Bellow’s amazing keynote at #ISTE13, he made a point of mentioning how it was selfish to create amazing things and NOT share them.
- Stop going to bed before 9:30 pm. Work your way up until 10pm, like a big girl. 🙂
- Exercise. Sheesh. Eat out less. (which may then, require less exercise!)
- Read and reflect on leadership novels, monthly. Bimonthly? At least monthly. Just do it.
- Figure out how to convince your husband you need cable again. Preferably before football season. Sigh.
- Research how to watch football without cable.
- Stay organized, buy a super cute and amazingly expensive planner and maintain it. (perhaps reflect on why the techno girl needs a paper cally?)
- Take lots and lots of pictures of my girls. They’re getting SO big….we will never have such young babies again.
Like I said, I like a good checklist. And now I have 7 days to wrap my mind around making all of these happen. Who’s with me?