Via the Twitter (8Amber8) I was sent a GREAT link to all kinds of different ways that you can use the document camera, some of these we’ve seen…some are new! I thought I’d share my faves to remind you that the document camara can be SO much more than a place for you to work out problems on the “big screen”, 🙂
- training or initial introduction to any other piece of equipment everyone can use, but can’t gather around to see easily
- Students can draw the background scenery for a play or skit they will perform in class. Move your projector at a 45 degree angle to the white board. Project the drawing onto the white board, angling it behind the actors. The image will naturally distort, but the overall effectiveness is well worth it.
- In math problem-solving use the doc camera to take a photo of a problem and solution (use a kid’s). Put it in your teacher blog and have students individually respond to the query: How might the writer have arrived at this solution?
- More ideas can be found here! I’ve also attached “101 ways to use the document camera” that was presented at the METC conference this past summer.
- Some videos that were found on document cameras/document readers: (yes, youtube is blocked at school…watch these this rainy weekend….in all your free time!