We’re winding down and only have 16 days left for our 2012-2013 school year. Instead of thinking of it as “only 16 days till summer” what if we looked at it as “only 16 more days to make a difference”?
We’re going to start a EOY wrap with some fun ideas for ya, but I wanted to give you 16 short and sweet things you can do to make a difference in a child’s life between now and June 7th, 🙂 I challenge you to pick ONE for each day we have left!
- Let a child know they are important to you.
- Hug someone who needs a hug.
- Whisper “You matter.” to someone who may not hear that at home.
- Tell a student you were GLAD that they were in your class this year.
- Eat lunch next to a student who struggles with social relationships.
- Buy a random student an ice cream (I’ll pay!) and ask about their summer plans.
- Ask your students what they are PASSIONATE about, and be ready tobe amazed.
- Have a conversation with your students, not teach a lesson for one subject.
- Ask how your students want to change the world.
- Have your student’s give each a other a compliment.
- Take a walk outside.
- Discuss your favorite activities or memory from this year.
- Ask what they would have done differently.
- Color with your students. Even our big kid’s like to color!
- Do a happy dance li
ke no one is watching. (Jenny’s class is GREAT at this!)
- Go sit outside (before it gets too hot!) and read an inspirational book. (Sandra would love to suggest one for you! And I have my copy of “Things Change“, by Troy Aikman, if you’d like to borrow it.)
These are all easy, free, and a way to make a difference between now and then. A child will remember YOU and the way you’ve made them feel more than they’ll EVER remember a lesson.