I love that Jetpack sends me this “summary” of my year in writing. I also love that my top post included Kliff Kingsbury, 🙂 (wreck’em!) This post is purely for myself…as Tony Sinanis just talked about, accepting the awesome that was my 2014.
My celebrations and “thanks” of 2014?
- Experiencing an earthquake while in LA for ASCD…gave new meaning to the “my job rocks my world”.
- After 12 years of being in the district that trained me up as a teacher and taught me so much, I took a leap to somewhere new and didn’t look back.
- Being named TEPSA‘s Region X Assistant Principal of the Year was humbling. It also connected to me several TEPSA members who have been an incredible addition to my PLN.
- I spoke more in 2014 then I ever have before…exhausting, amazing, and SO fun connecting with educators all over the US! So thankful for the opportunities!
- EdCampDallas in Wylie…gave me hope that school districts can embrace and support a different style of professional development.
- ISTE in Atlanta, where I got to hang out with some of my favorite people in the world…who were all ready to cheer on my cousin Evan!
- The connections. Meeting people I have gotten to “know” virtually is my favorite part of my PLN world. 2014 made this happen in a banner way. Curt Rees, Bill Selak, Melinda Miller…all people I respect & was able to meet this year. I am better for it!
I hope that your 2014 was as memorable, as incredible, as positive, as mine has been. Thank you to those who played a part!! May your 2015 be full of such fabulousness!
memory lane strolling,