Ah, the glorious calmness of June and July! This is where, hopefully, as leaders, we can pause, reflect, rest and rejuvenate!
Here are a few things you can add to your plate for the next couple of months…one to read, one to plan, and one to HELP.
- If you haven’t read Abby Wambach’s new book, “WolfPack“, stop what you’re doing and order it immediately. It’s a quick read but full of leadership gems…like this one
Doesn’t that resonate with you as a leader? If not because someone else assisted you, then maybe because our goal should be all about assisting others. I have 7 staff members leaving this year, but they are ALL promoting in some capacity. That’s the only reason I want people leaving! If an assist from me is what it takes for people to see/recognize their potential, I am in!
2. How do you take notes? I am a hand written note kinda gal and I use this Coiled Notebook notebook from Erin Condren to keep EVERYTHING in one place. There’s even a todo list on the side of these pages, which helps tremendously in my district meetings! If you haven’t ordered from Erin Condren before, here is a link to $10 off your first purchase! Whether it be a leadership meeting, a team meeting or a curriculum meeting, this keeps them all in one place and I just use a sticker divider to keep my areas separated. If I only have to keep up with one place to find notes, it makes logical sense that I am less likely to lose or forgot what was decided from one place to another.
3. Start your postcard planning NOW! I design a postcard in ppt and have it ready to go as soon as we start back! No matter the changes I have coming up, I know I’ll want to send postcards to Wolves. I send at least one card to each of our students each year, but more if I can! Here’s what we used last year.
4. I’m a nerd and I love Flair pens. This Candy Pop Pack makes me think of sunshine and summertime and how sad can I be while working and taking notes when I have fun colored Flair Pens?? ( i just saying that to myself over and over.)
5. Easiest post its to use while summer working? Bright colored lined post its! These are easy to add to my notebook above but also on my monitor, my top desk drawer, where ever I need to add a list to help me focus. I love a good list…
What do YOU do in these early summer months? Are you off? Working? What should I be adding to my Wolf world??
All summer workN &