Still not sure what an edcamp is? Watch this for a short intro!
We had something similar here with Armstrong last year, if you’ll recall. Feedback from that session was very positive! We have another opportunity to participate in an edcamp this month!
edcampDallas is coming UP!
Why should you give up a Saturday to go to an edcamp?
10. You are passionate about what you do and see the benefit in always modeling what it means to be a lifelong learner.
9. You know how tight your budget is AND how tight our budget is! Why pay to go away when you can have the best for free?
8. Differentiation is important to you and your development as well!
7. You agree that your favorite part of any staff development is talking with your peers, those who are in the trenches with you! Their perspective can give you support and strength.
6. You know that you bring something to the table. Your skills and expertise in what YOU do has value! (Think about hosting an session!)
5. There’s no pressure! Love it or hate it, you’ve invested no $$ to make you feel guilty about switching sessions during the day!
4. Meeting new friends and creating (or extending?) your PLN makes your heart happy!
3. Walking away with free, applicable tools for your classroom is a undeniable perk.
2. Edcamps are ALL inclusive. You get a breakfast, free sessions, door prizes, GREAT PD, and it’s all free. All you have to do is show up!
1. And the number one reason why YOU should come to edcampDallas?
edcamps are EMPOWERING. It allows the true voices of the classroom to have a say in what is being done, in how it is being done, and in ways to IMPROVE what is being done. Take charge!
Take a chance! Come to edcampDallas! You won’t regret it! There are already almost 200 people from all around the STATE committed to attending!