There’s just no end to the great jokes I could make using the word “app”, is there?? 🙂
Last night’s #tichat was a fast and furious hour detailing some of the favorite apps that we’ve seen used in the classroom. One of the hardest thing with using the iPad/iTouch/iPhone in the classroom is finding the time to go through all of the apps in the iTunes Store listed under the education banner. From @matt_gomez’s fave “toontastic” (with great examples provided” to @plnaugle’s contribution of Apps in Education: Discovery Learning: Games Designed to Let you Fail http://t.co/iIVRqeXW which FASCINATED me…we had some great sharing going on!
Sites galore, so make sure you have plenty of open tabs and free time to sort through your faves.
When you have time, check out the archive of tweets…there’s something for high school science , middle school math…and kinder treats galore!
Final bonus? Your appy hour treat for reading this post? This site.
You? are welcome.
I had several requests for additional Twitter resources, 🙂 which makes me sooooo happy!
- The Beginner’s Guide to Twitter. This blog post offers great advice on getting started with Twitter.
- VIDEO: A beginner’s guide to Twitter. The video is specifically for business use for Twitter, but the accompanying article offers great suggestions for those just starting out with Twitter.
- How to Use Twitter: Tips for Bloggers. The tips here are beneficial reminders for both bloggers and microbloggers.
- Ten Top Twitter Tips. Find helpful tips here–including understanding how to use “@” and “d.”
- Birds of a Feather Twitter Together. This informative article cuts through some of the Twitter confusion nicely and will have even novices feeling more comfortable.
- Twitter Etiquette. This wiki page offers tons of information on Twitter etiquette and ways to help manage your Twitter experience.
- Mastering Twitter in 10 Minutes…Or Less (Version 2). Download this free tutorial to get a working knowledge of Twitter right away.
- Want to learn Twitter? Watch this video. As they say, grab a cup of coffee and watch this video to learn how you can start using Twitter.
- Lunch ‘n Learn: Twitter for Beginners. Check out this video presented by Birmingham City University.
- Twitter Guide for Beginners. This simple overview will hopefully break down the basics for you.
- Twitter 101: Clarifying the Rules for Newbies. This article takes a look at three Twitter mistakes and explains how to avoid them.
Have fun! Don’t forget to follow me: @8amber8, the Luna feed: @Luna_Lions, and the district: @gisd_news!